- The SEC operates the Student Job Board, a great resource for finding both Work-Study and non Work-Study jobs
- The America Reads / America Counts Program is a great opportunity for Work-Study employment
- Students must complete their Form I-9 and present original documents to University Human Resources Office, Room 3810, Beardshear Hall
- Student employee benefits and eligible services can be found on the University Human Resources webpage.
- Federal law requires that every person hired for employment must complete an electronic Form I-9 verifying their eligibility to work in the United States by no later than their first day of employment. Our University Human Resources Service Center will need to be presented with original documents (not photocopies) in compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act to complete the Form I-9, as part of the Onboarding process.
Student Employment Guidance
The Student Employment Guide provides an overview of Iowa State University’s student employment process. The guide outlines eligibility for student hiring, requirements, standards, practices and tools used to assure compliance with the legal standards set forth in the student hiring process. The guide was developed to consolidate various resources, information and processes that contribute to the student employment experience at ISU.